Location: FAB B17
This workshop is for faculty and graduate/undergraduate student researchers who are interested in using Amazon Mechanical Turk to collect online data. Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a crowdsourcing platform that allows researchers to connect with a diverse (international) pool of online study participants. Additional information about MTurk can be found here: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome. The workshop will cover the following topics:
- What is MTurk?
- Basic MTurk vocabulary
- How to set up a Requester (i.e., researcher) account
- How to create a Human Intelligence Task (HIT)
- Who are the MTurk "workers"?
- Best practices and Ethical concerns
- How to circumvent the 40% MTurk fee
Handouts that include step-by-step instructions for researchers will be provided.
Workshop Host: Melissa Pope, SAM Lab Consultant