Do I need an appointment?
No appointment is needed to visit the lab (in person) during the week. An appointment is required to visit the SAM Lab on a Saturday, as the Faculty & Administration Building is locked on weekends and a member of our team will need to let you in. (Although same-day Saturday appointments can not be booked online, they can be made by calling the SAM Lab.)
Though not necessary, you can schedule an appointment to receive statistics or research methods assistance over the phone: (602) 543-6045. An appointment may be beneficial if you wish to speak with a specific SAM Lab consultant or if you plan to call during a busier time of day.
To receive online assistance, you must schedule an appointment.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Appointments can be scheduled by visiting our new online appointment booking page or by calling the SAM Lab. The allotted time for each online (or phone) appointment will be 30 minutes. If you anticipate needing more than 30 minutes, you are welcome to schedule multiple back-to-back appointments. Appointments scheduled through the online booking system must be made at least 12 hours prior to the desired appointment start time. If online assistance is needed with less than 12 hours notice, just call the SAM Lab and a consultant can book one for you.
How does an online appointment work?
The SAM Lab provides online assistance through Google Hangouts. All you need to do is install a required (free) plug-in and wait for a SAM Lab consultant to initiate a Hangout with you. Once in the Hangout, you will have the option of communicating through video, audio, or text chat.
Just follow these steps to get connected for your online appointment:
- Make sure you’re connected to the Internet.
- Download the (free) Google Hangouts plug-in from Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/hangoutplugin
- Log in to the account for the email address that you entered when signing up for your appointment through the SAM Lab's online booking page. (A SAM Lab consultant will be sending the invitation to join the Google Hangout to this email address.)
- Wait for a Google Hangout invitation from the following address: email@example.com. When you see the invitation, be sure to hit "Accept." (The invitation will be in a window that appears on your screen (and not in an actual email message), but you must be logged into your email account in order to receive the invitation.)
- Once you accept the invitation, your online appointment will be under way!
If you are having difficulties connecting with the SAM Lab consultant or need additional assistance with Google Hangouts, you can call the SAM Lab directly at (602) 543-6045.